Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
Kappa Alpha Psi was founded on the campus of Indiana University on January 5, 1911. The Fraternity's fundamental purpose is achievement.
Early in this century, African-American students were actively dissuaded from attending college. Formidable obstacles were erected to prevent the few who were enrolled from assimilating into co-curricular campus life. This ostracism characterized Indiana University in 1911, thus causing Elder W. Diggs, Byron K. Armstrong, and eight other black students to form Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, which remains the only Greek letter organization with its 1st Chapter on the University's campus.
The founders sought a formula that would immediately raise the sights of black collegians and stimulate them to accomplishments higher than they might have imagined.
Fashioning achievement as it's purpose, Kappa Alpha Psi began uniting college men of culture, patriotism and honor in a bond of fraternity.
Columbus Alumni Chapter
The Columbus (OH) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi was established April 23, 1921. The charter members were W. R. Morrison, R. J. Johnston, J. Harmon Wilson, R. S. Sloan, R. C. Minor, W. R. Tyler, L. E. Byrd, R. S. Skelton, C. H. Hunter, S. Lane, G. Williams, W. Doyle, A. Dotson and E. E. Simpson. E. E. Simpson was the first Columbus Alumni Chapter Polemarch.
Columbus Kappa Foundation
Sunday of Hope
Kenneth L. Howard Scholarship Fund
Kroger Rewards Program
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.- Columbus (OH) Alumni Chapter
1461 Mount Vernon Ave.
Columbus, OH 43203